- Honoring a Life: Family Hopes Sharing Story and Establishing Research Fund Will Reduce Stigma of Addiction
October 7, 2021 - LAWRENCE
The Guthrie Hawks for Hope Fund will encourage, elevate, and support undergraduate and graduate training at the Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment. We are grateful to the Guthrie family for the establishment of this fund, and honor Patrick’s memory.
- Spring Seminar Series to Feature Nationally Renowned Expert in Addiction Health Disparities in Racial and Ethnic Minorities
February 8, 2021 - LAWRENCE
The Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment at the University of Kansas will kick off its Spring Seminar Series featuring a talk on community-responsive interventions for addictive behaviors
- Addiction Researchers Recount How They Made Recovery Meetings Available Remotely During Pandemic
January 21, 2021 - LAWRENCE
Researchers at the Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment at the University of Kansas Life Span Institute have published their experience making SMART Recovery groups available via computer and telephone to the community in Douglas County.
- Researcher Receives Grant to Study the Relationship between Addiction and Decision-Making
January 05, 2021 - LAWRENCE
A federal grant awarded through the KU Medical Center Frontiers program to a Life Span Institute investigator will support addiction research focused on the relationship between tobacco addiction and decision-making.
- New Addiction Research Handbook Co-Authored by KU Addiction Center Scientists
October 14, 2020 - LAWRENCE
A field guide to research on the scope, methods and etiology of addiction published by Cambridge University Press and featuring chapters written by three KU scientists aims to be a comprehensive resource for researchers in this broad field.
- KU Addiction Research and Treatment Center Announces Fall Seminar Series
August 27, 2020 - LAWRENCE
The Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment at the University of Kansas is launching its Fall Seminar Series with a talk by a nationally recognized researcher in the use of psilocybin as treatment for addiction, anxiety and depression.
- New Study Offers Data-Driven Definition of Unhealthy Yet Pervasive "Hyper-Palatable Foods"
November 5, 2019 - LAWRENCE
A popular U.S. brand of potato chips once promoted itself with the slogan “betcha can’t eat just one!”
Maybe that’s because potato chips, like so many foods in the American diet, can pack a mix of ingredients apt to light up people’s brain-reward neural circuitry and overpower mechanisms that are supposed to signal when we’ve had enough to eat.
- KU Addiction Research and Treatment Center Celebrates First Year With Community Open House
September 5, 2019 - LAWRENCE
The Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment at the University of Kansas welcomed the public to celebrate the center’s first year of community programs, new research initiatives, and expanded staff and facilities during an open house reception from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13.
- Training Your Working Memory May Help Curb Chronic Health Conditions
August 27, 2019 - LAWRENCE
Working memory is essential for complex brain tasks such as comprehension, learning and reasoning. It contributes to our ability to successfully navigate the world, like how to plan and execute complex activities, to attend to important information and to multi-task.
- Addiction Treatment Program for Community Members Set to Expand
July 8, 2019 - LAWRENCE
A free University of Kansas program that helps community members with addictions is set to expand through a local grant and support from Douglas County. Established by the Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment, the program draws as many as 20 people to the Lawrence Public Library at 5 p.m. Wednesdays to learn about and receive help with overcoming addictions.