SMART Recovery groups welcome anyone struggling with addictive behaviors (alcohol, opioids, amphetamines, tobacco, gambling, compulsive sex, pornography, binge eating). It is based on principles and practices of cognitive behavioral therapy. Meetings are twice weekly and are free.
Wednesday meetings are hybrid: online and in-person at the Lawrence Public Library, from 5:30-6 p.m. The in-person meeting will be held in Meeting Room C. Join SMART Recovery via Zoom for Wednesdays.
Friday meetings are virtual only, available via Zoom, also from 5-6:30 p.m. Join SMART Recovery via Zoom on Fridays.
We offer arts-based therapy programs at local mental health, veteran, and addiction counseling centers. At the University of Kansas, we also offer addiction-based clinical services for KU students.
Our community partners include:
- Warriors' Ascent
- Lawrence Public Library (SMART Recovery)
- Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism (DCCCA)
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center
Image credit above: Jeff Burkhead