Community Services and Partnerships
At the Cofrin Logan Center for Addiction Research and Treatment, we conduct community-based support groups for individuals struggling with addiction. Through community partnerships, and we bring art and creativity into therapy settings.
SMART Recovery groups welcome anyone struggling with addictive behaviors (alcohol, opioids, amphetamines, tobacco, gambling, compulsive sex, pornography, binge eating). It is based on principles and practices of cognitive behavioral therapy.
SMARTline is a free service for people with addictions, accessible by phone, seven days a week, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. Calls are individualized and vary in length based on your needs.
We offer arts-based therapy programs at local mental health, veteran, and addiction counseling centers. At the University of Kansas, we also offer addiction-based clinical services for KU students.
Our community partners include:
- Warriors' Ascent
- Lawrence Public Library (SMART Recovery)
- Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism (DCCCA)
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center